[wingide-users] Kprinter

Henry Hollenberg fritz at aristotle.net
Thu Aug 11 15:04:09 MDT 2011

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 (Gnome desktop).  When sending a file to the
printer from the Wingide, a message pops up telling me that the
installation of Kprinter will allow a full selection of printer options.

Ubuntu Canonical offers no support in this case.  I do not wish to load
any software package that could conflict with my current CUPS package.

Can someone assure me that a download would be safe?
And from site and what package does the job referred to by the message
to use Kprinter.  For Ubuntu, Kprinter was part of KDE3 and was retired
in favor of KDE4 in 2008.

I'm new to seeking help from a user group.  My apologies if my approach
is incorrect.

Thanks for the assistance.
Fritz