[wingide-users] Re: Debugging an Embedded Python Script

theDarkBrainer theDarkBrainer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:41:30 MDT 2011

Wingware Support wrote:

> The python executable should be the name of the python interpreter .exe
> and not the .exe for your application.  You application should be
> launched from the command line.

all the time while doing these experiments, I have Wing IDE running
(temporary license), and in the project properties, the environment is set
to: Python Executable: use defaults.

Also, I did install Python 2.7 x86 (since my app is not 64-bit). I'm on Win
7 86-bit though.

Ok, I did that. I focused on my application and i'm trying to run it from
the command line.

What i'm seeing is that exception: raise ValueError("No debugger")
from wingdbstub.py

I went it, and placed a bunch of 'print's, to see what's going, and tracked
down the problem to the call:
netserver = wingdb.FindNetServerModule(WINGHOME, kUserSettingsDir)

it never gets out of there (it never executes anything after that line). So
I went in and found that function defined in wingdb.py, and it turned out
that the line:
import netserver

raises an ImportError exception, so it never finds the netserver.

and ultimatelly hits:
raise ImportError('Could not import netserver')

At the end wingdbstub.py never sets 'WINGDB_ACTIVE' = "1"

I tried setting kLogFile to see a log file, but this file never gets
created.

May be I have something setup wrong in my embedded python?

Thanks for you answers.

Vlad