[wingide-users] Re: Debugging an Embedded Python Script

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 8 09:02:54 MDT 2011

On 8/7/11 9:07 PM, theDarkBrainer wrote:

> I've set my exe in Wing IDE, from the menu Project ->  Project Properties ->
> Environment ->  Python Executable. I've also set up the 'Python Path' to the
> folder where my executable is.

The python executable should be the name of the python interpreter .exe
and not the .exe for your application.  You application should be
launched from the command line.  You'll also probably want to have the
python interpreter .exe installed on the machine because Wing uses it to
determine where the standard library files are located among other things.

 > I tried setting 'kLogFile' to a file, but nothing happens. If I look at
 > 'wingdbstub.py' in never goes in using this variable. It fails when
tying to
 > access 'WINGDB_ACTIVE' and it just bails.

When you launch from the command line, WINGDB_ACTIVE should not be set.
  Is something failing when the code checks for the value?