[wingide-users] Re: Debugging an Embedded Python Script

theDarkBrainer theDarkBrainer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:07:44 MDT 2011

I tried setting 'kLogFile' to a file, but nothing happens. If I look at
'wingdbstub.py' in never goes in using this variable. It fails when tying to
access 'WINGDB_ACTIVE' and it just bails.

I put the following line before including the wingdbstub.py:
print "has_key(os.environ, 'WINGDB_ACTIVE') = {0}".format(
has_key(os.environ, 'WINGDB_ACTIVE') )

and WINGDB_ACTIVE is always FALSE. If I run it from Wing IDE, it is still
false...

I've set my exe in Wing IDE, from the menu Project -> Project Properties ->
Environment -> Python Executable. I've also set up the 'Python Path' to the
folder where my executable is.

Note that I do not have python installed on this machine. It's just my
executable, and the python DLL, and the python 'libs' folder next to the
executable. (The executable works fine with this setup)