[wingide-users] Possible to have different sets of tabs to edit?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 3 09:08:18 MDT 2011

On 8/3/11 1:30 AM, Philip Gatt wrote:
> I have a large project, and switching between open editor tabs often becomes a pain. So, I like to close ones I'm not using. The problem arises when I switch back and forth between tasks and need to re-open a set of files within my project.
>
> Is there a way to define a "task", which is like a perspective but just remembers which files are open? I would like to define several of these "tasks" and use them to avoid re-opening the same sets of files.

If you set the Perspectives > Perspectives Style preference to Tools,
Layout, and Editors it will allow you to use perspectives in this way.

In the future I think we'll try to change this so there is an Editors
Only option and most likely we'll allow configuring what to save on a
per-perspective basis rather than in a preference.