[wingide-users] scrollbar preview

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 1 16:23:27 MDT 2011

On 8/1/11 3:31 PM, Brett Dixon wrote:

>  1. Scrollbar preview
>      1. Basically the vertical scrollbar is a thumbnail-like view of
>         the code.  So you can quickly see where large blocks are, see
>         some possible bad practices, and quickly navigate your code
>      2. http://www.sublimetext.com/screenshots/alpha_goto_anything2_large.png

I'll add this to our list of things to try once we get Wing running on
Qt (we're in the process of moving away from GTK).  It's probably a lot
easier in Qt than the old GTK we're using now.

> 1.
>

>  2. Goto Anything
>      1. This one was kinda cool.  You type in a partial word search
>         and it will go to that tab.  You could even give line numbers
>         or other text and it would just to that tab, then to the line
>         in question

Is it matching only on file names or also symbol names?  We do have Open
from Project in the File menu to work w/ a file name fragment, but
adding line number and/or symbol names seems like a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestions!