[wingide-users] Override behavior for Source Assistant

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 12 11:49:15 MDT 2011

On 4/12/11 12:41 PM, Deepankar Sharma wrote:
> I am recently using OpenCV and perhaps because its a C module the source
> assistant does not provide meaningful documentation.
>
> a) Is there someway to override what the source assistant does to
> resolve a particular function? The OpenCV online documentation has a
> index page for its functions and I want to write some user scripts to
> look in the index, get the entry for the function and then display the
> page from that function in the source assistant.

You can create your own OpenCV.pi file (assuming OpenCV is the module
name) and put it in the pi-files subdirectory of your Wing settings
directory.  I'd suggest using the auto-generated OpenCV.pi file as a
template; you should be able to open it by using goto definition
(ctrl-click or F4) on import OpenCV

> b) Can the source assistant display HTML formatted documentation?
>
> c) Seperately while writing some Django based code, ive wished I could
> embed a browser pane in WingIDE, is there someway to do this?

HTML rendering is not currently supported inside of Wing.  We hope to
add this in a future version.