[wingide-users] Using isinstance() to assist analysis

Mitchell Model dev at software-concepts.org
Wed Apr 6 09:11:53 MDT 2011

The documentation says: "One way to inform the code analysis facility of the type of a variable is to add an isinstance call in your code.  An example is assert isinstance(obj, CMyClass).  The code analyzer will pick up on these and present more complete information for the asserted values." If I want to do this for an instance variable used in many methods of a class, I would have to do it in each method in which I want the type of the instance variable to be known, correct? No way to do it for the instance variable's appearance (e.g., self._model) in the entire class?