[wingide-users] "Editor match" status messages in multiple windows distracting

Mitchell Model dev at software-concepts.org
Mon Apr 4 13:36:42 MDT 2011

I find the appearance of the "Editor match" messages in the status area of windows other than the one I am working in distracting. Does the underlying UI framework provide only a single status line, to be displayed with the same message in all windows? Seems strange. The reason it is distracting is because when the match occurs I notice out of the corner of my eye some activity in other windows, when I want to be focused on the code I'm editing. (Same reason I don't like it when Debugger icons -- e.g., step over, step into, etc. -- appear only during debugging, since that often causes toolbars in other windows to become 2 lines high instead of 1.)