[wingide-users] Question completing for Microsoft Object Model

reckoner reckoner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:56:43 MDT 2011

Hi,

When I'm using Pythonwin, I can create the following kinds of programs:

     word = win32.gencache.EnsureDispatch('Word.Application')
     doc = word.Documents.Add()
     word.Visible = True
     rng = doc.Range(0,0)
     rng.InsertAfter('Hacking Word with Python\r\n\r\n')

and I can complete on the individual items. For example, I can do
doc.<TAB> and a long list of object properties and methods will appear.
Why can I not do this with Wing? I'm using Wing Pro version 3.2.2-1 (rev
21060) (rev 21060) on a 32-bit windows xp machine.

Thanks!