[wingide-users] Long lines in Python Shell cause problems

curtis osterhoudt flutzpah at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 15:57:36 MDT 2010

Dear Support,

   I'm using release 4 of 4.0.0 beta (though my issue is/was present with the
latest 3.2 professional version, too).

   If I use the python shell and want to use the up-arrow to review/reuse old
entries, things are fine, until I go past a long line (one which has to scroll
to the right to complete). The window stays scrolled to the right, so that short
lines which were entered before or after that long line sometimes aren't even
visible in the shell. If I use "home" or the left arrow to go to the beginning
of those lines, the history "buffer position" resets to the latest entry, so
that I have to up-arrow once again past the long lines.

   Please let me know if I can clarify, or how I can send an example.

                  Best,
                             Curtis O.

"The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the
one is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the
unknowable." ~~Roger Zelazny, in "Lord of Light"