[wingide-users] doctest file support in wing 4.0

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 27 09:46:34 MDT 2010

Jason Mehring wrote:
> I am editing python doctest.txt files and I would like syntax highlighting and
> ability to block comment toggle.
>
> When I select a file type of text, its all black and white.  When I choose
> python, its all messed up since it thinks its not formatted properly.  The
> closest I have found that looks good in wing is file type "D Source".  It
> formats nicely, but the comment toggles are '//' not '##'
>

> Maybe there is an add in for doctest file types or a way to copy 'D Source' file
> type to doctest file type and change comments to '##'?

To do this right I think a new Scintilla lexer would be needed and we
probably would want to base it on the Python lexer so Python code is
shown better than what the D Source lexer is doing.

This is one our list of things to do in the longer term but I don't know
when we'll get to it.  If a lexer for Scintilla were to appear we'ld
certainly be happy to integrate it. ;-)