[wingide-users] help:Cant create new django project

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 24 08:46:35 MDT 2010

Goutom Roy wrote:
> Hello dear all,e
>                      I cant create new django project from Wing
> IDE(latest professional version) though i am using Django 1.2.3
> official version. My django plugin is enable.I am using python 2.5.I
> am windows 7 user.I tried it from  *Project->Extensions->Start Django
> project*.I filled the form like this:
> *Django-admin:e:\python_projects\django_projects\WingIDE\django-admin.py
> Parent directory:e:\python_projects\django_projects\WingIDE
> Site name: love.com*
>  if i click ok then the following message come:
>                           * The command '"/usr/bin/env python"
> "e:\python_projects\django_projects\WingIDE\django-admin.py"
> startproject "love.com"' failed with error code 1 and the following
> output:*
> but no output come.
> What is the error? please specify me dear.

Do you have your Python Executable in Project Properties set to
"/usr/bin/env python"?

Hmm, actually it may be that this is the Python interpreter specified in
django-admin.py.  Changing that to the real full path to Python should
fix it.  Please let me know if that was it and I'll look into correctly
handling that case.