[wingide-users] Importing Django project

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Fri Sep 17 04:48:52 MDT 2010

Hello,

Check out this thread on Django-users, specifically message number 2 by
Bruno:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/eb9bef1f181980c0#

<http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/eb9bef1f181980c0#>If
what he's saying is true, then importing by project name (`import
my_project.views` instead of `from . import views`) is something that can
lead to problems like that which was described in the first message.

I'm suspecting that Wing does that, because it sets the environment variable
`DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE` to be `my_project.settings`.

What do you think?

Ram.