[wingide-users] Debugging one-off commands

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Wed Sep 15 07:19:05 MDT 2010

Hello,

How can debug a one-off command in Wing?

I'll explain what I mean.

I'm developing a Django application, and I'm using `south` to manage my
migrations. It happened today that I wanted to perform a migration, but when
I typed `manage.py migrate my_app` in the shell, some error happened and I
got a traceback. I wanted to debug it using Wing, but it wasn't obvious for
me how to do it.

What I ended up doing is editing the debug arguments of `manage.py`. I cut
out the `runserver ...` part and pasted it in a notepad, put in `migrate
my_app`, and solved the problem, and then pasted `runserver ...` back from
the notepad. I think this is not a pretty solution.

What would be a good solution for this?

Ram.

(Please CC any replies personally to me.)