[wingide-users] Testing tool still buggy

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Sun Sep 12 09:34:09 MDT 2010

I just got back to writing a lot of tests, and the Testing tool is still
showing me a lot of bugs (Wing 4b4):

   1. Sometimes I press Run tests, and nothing happens. The button changes
   to "Abort tests" but all the test still have the "?" icon and there's no
   indication of anything being run. Pressing "Abort tests" doesn't do
   anything, the button doesn't change back to "Run tests", and there seems to
   be no way to really abort.
   2. Same "as (1), except the freeze happens after some tests have been
   run, and one test gets stuck with the "running" icon.
   3. After tests fail, trying to debug them just raises an exception in
   nose code. (I can't reproduce it now to say which error exactly, because
   bugs 1 and 2 don't let me.)
   4. I thought maybe the problem was that I don't have the most recent nose
   version. I had 0.11.3. So I upgraded to 0.11.4. Now when I press "Debug all
   tests" I get this error dialog: "Could not start debug process::Could not
   launch debugger for "C:\Program Files\Wing IDE
   4.0\src\testing\runners\run_nosetests_xml.py".  The python interpreter
   "C:\Python26\python.exe" may not exist." I checked and
   that run_nosetests_xml.py file does exist in that location. (Also my
   interpreter exists.)

Ram.