[wingide-users] PyQt Autocomplete in Windows

Christopher Ross tlcruiser1970 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 11:47:07 MDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to get auto complete to work with pyqt4.  I am not
sure if it is pyqt or how I have my project setup.

I have added the pyqt4 directory to my project path, and also added the pyqt4
directory to my projects folder.

When I type in the code editor from "pyqt import " I do get a list of moduels
such as QtGui and QtCore.

However when I type in "QtGui." later in the code, I do not get a list of any
code.   On the status bar a quick message pops up about not finding any .pi
files and is removing them from chache when I first hit the "." key for a newly
import module.   The source browse does show classes such as QApplication when
browsing, but does not show any methods of those classes.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks,
-Chris Ross

As a side note, I did download and try the new version of PySide for windows,
and auto complete seems to work great.