[wingide-users] Stickpin / transient

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 8 08:56:55 MDT 2010

On 9/8/10 9:59 AM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> Not sure if this is a question or a feature suggestion or a bug report...
>
> The stick ping / transient feature seems to be firmly in the category of
> doesn't-behave-as-expected or not-useful-as-implemented.

The transient feature is intended as a way to close files that are
opened temporarily as a result of stepping through a file in the
debugger that you don't ordinarily care about or clicking on a search
results to see if it is the result you want.

It sounds like you want a way to designate a few files to always be open
so you can quickly close all of the other files that you've worked on.
We'll have to think about whether the transient feature can be extended
to cover this case.