[wingide-users] Stickpin / transient

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Sep 8 07:59:28 MDT 2010

Not sure if this is a question or a feature suggestion or a bug report...

The stick ping / transient feature seems to be firmly in the category of
doesn't-behave-as-expected or not-useful-as-implemented.

What I want to do:
Flag certain documents as non-closeable ... stick a pin in them. Then be able
to do something like "close all documents" as I'm switching from one feature
area to another but have the non-closeables stay put.

I want to keep open the documents (e.g. my TODO.txt list) and other stuff that
requires quick access regardless of where I'm working.

The feature as implemented - to get any benefit from it - would require me to
manually flag essentially every tab every time I open it as transient. In my
mind they are all transient unless explicitly told otherwise.

Thanks,
Michael