[wingide-users] WingIDE bug starting mod_python?

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Sun Sep 5 12:50:53 MDT 2010

It looks to me as though a new (at least for me) bug has appeared when
attempting to use WingIDE to debug in mod_python.

When I attempt debug stuff that used to work in mod_python, I find that
the httpd error_log (v2.2.8) contains the following entry:

<long series of nul>
C:\Program Files\Wing IDE
3.2\bin\2.5\src.zip\debug\tserver\dbgserver.py:2372: RuntimeWarning:
tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception

My google search returns this:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1733757

This bug report is marked as "fixed".

I don't think I've seen this before, and it looks like it's in Wing
code. Any ideas?

Should I be running a more recent version of Python 2.5 (I think I'm
running 2.5.0)?

--
Tom Stambaugh, Founder
Zeetix LLC/ZeeGuide/ZeeForge