[wingide-users] Diff Improvements

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Sep 5 10:24:23 MDT 2010

  On 9/5/10 6:09 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
>  On 9/1/10 7:39 PM, Nathan McBride wrote:
>> I've only been trying 4.X    for a day or so now but two suggestions
>> for the diff functionality:
>>
>> 1. Should be able to have the two windows scroll together. I know you
>> can use the 'next change' button to jump but this would be a nice
>> feature which I've gotten really accustomed to from other diff programs.
>>
>> 2. The lines that were changed have their background changed to blue.
>> It would be helpful if the part of the line actually changed could
>> also be another color such as a red.
>>
>> Great job, I'm not a django user but I do like the diff functionality.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I have the same comments, being used to Winmerge quite much.
> The coupling between the windows would be nice with a toggle
> to switch it off, like pinning.
>
> By chance, I found a bug:
> After starting a diff of two files, I used the context menu of either
> file
> and selected "Move xxx to new window".
> Selecting in the diff menu "Next difference pair" gives then
> "Error executing command .internal.diff.diff_next"
>
> But it's going to be great :-)

If closing one of the compared files, you get a similar error.
I think this is all known by the developers, and I should stop
reporting errors. It is probably a matter of finishing the compare
mode under certain conditions, which seems to be not ready.

sorry about my nagging - cheers -- chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key ->  http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/