[wingide-users] Diff Improvements

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Sep 5 10:09:39 MDT 2010

  On 9/1/10 7:39 PM, Nathan McBride wrote:
> I've only been trying 4.X	for a day or so now but two suggestions for the diff functionality:
>
> 1. Should be able to have the two windows scroll together. I know you can use the 'next change' button to jump but this would be a nice feature which I've gotten really accustomed to from other diff programs.
>
> 2. The lines that were changed have their background changed to blue. It would be helpful if the part of the line actually changed could also be another color such as a red.
>
> Great job, I'm not a django user but I do like the diff functionality.

Hi,

I have the same comments, being used to Winmerge quite much.
The coupling between the windows would be nice with a toggle
to switch it off, like pinning.

By chance, I found a bug:
After starting a diff of two files, I used the context menu of either file
and selected "Move xxx to new window".
Selecting in the diff menu "Next difference pair" gives then
"Error executing command .internal.diff.diff_next"

But it's going to be great :-)

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>