[wingide-users] GTK integration for OS X

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Sep 2 10:35:28 MDT 2010

  Hi Stephan, John,

I've been lurking around on possibilities to make Wing tighter
integrated with OS X.

First I thought to port it to wxPython, but that is probably
a big undertaking and also diversifies your project too much.

Then I found the GTK-OSX project, which is already used by some
projects like Gimp for instance.

http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/

I have not further tested it yet, but would like to give it a try.
Do you see principle problems or did you try it before?

Please let me know if it is worth the effort. I would contribute
the work, given that there is a chance to get accepted.

kind regards -- chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key ->  http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/