[wingide-users] Re: Native OSX GUI

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Thu Oct 28 02:50:06 MDT 2010

>> Are you working on completion of the stalled port of GTK to MacOS X
>> which was started by Imendio?
>
> Not at the moment.  We are also considering a change to Qt but nothing has been decided yet.

Just my 2 pences but a move to Qt is the clear winner on the long term. Qt has a proven history of cross-platform commitment. Then Qt4 has put the bar very high in term of native experience on Windows and MacOS X. Moreover PyQt4 is a real joy to use.

Unfortunately, the license fees per developer seats may be a issue for such a small company as yours. However note that I would happily accept an increase of Wing IDE price to reflect that PyQt + Qt license cost as well as the cost of the extra work involved in such a big transition.

Luc Bourhis