[wingide-users] Autocompletion of PyCore.Qt?

TP wingusr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:10:56 MDT 2010

I have recently tried doing PyQt programming with Wing IDE and have
noticed that Wing IDE 3.2.11-1 (rev 22974) is not able to
auto-complete definitions like QtCore.Qt.UniqueConnection. It is not
able to complete .Qt. I am using Windows XP with ActiveState Python
2.6.4.

Looking at the Source Browser and turning on the Show Imported Symbols
option I can see QtCore but the last listed item is
QSharedMemory(QObject). The list appears to be in alphabetical order
so it stops before Qt.

I assume it gets this information by reading
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\qsci\api\python\PyQt4.api? Is
there some setting somewhere that I have to increase to enable full
auto-completion of QtCore? When doing PyQt programming it is essential
to be able to auto-complete the QtCore.Qt namespace.

My current workaround is to start the Python shell and do:

  from PyQt4 import (QtCore, QtGui)

QtCore.Qt auto-completes correctly in the Shell (presumably since it
is introspecting the actual QtCore object) and I can cut & paste the
result.