[wingide-users] Python Mocker gives different result inside WingIDE

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 21 09:11:00 MDT 2010

On 10/20/10 6:34 PM, Erkan Özgür Yılmaz wrote:
> i'm trying to run the example code in the Python Mocker documentation
> and got different results if I run the code in Python Shell inside
> WingIDE and run it in a Python shell which is started in linux terminal.

This is probable due the probing that the interactive shell does for
autocompletion and it may work if you turn autocompletion off in the
shell, though that limits the usability of the shell.

It may be possible to hack mocker to ignore the probing that the shell
does for autocompletion (ignoring getting __dict__, for example) but I
have not tried, in part because it's not obvious how the mocker code works.

Cheers,