[wingide-users] Pythonpath and executable in wpu not wpr

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 21 08:31:27 MDT 2010

On 10/21/10 7:15 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
> *However*, both the Python executable and the custom PYTHONPATH settings
> are stored as absolute locations in the .wpu file. This means when I
> create a new branch I have to reconfigure.

Are you sure they're absolute?  They should be stored as the strings you
enter.  You can look at the .wpr/.wpu file (they're text) to verify
this.  Wing will complain if you have a python path with relative
directories because they cause problems for the debugger when the script
being debugged changes the directory.  A better approach may be to use
an environment variable or the ${WING:PROJECT_DIR} pseudo environment
variable.

You can move individual setting into the .wpr file by setting
proj.shared-attribute-names in the .wpr file w/ a text editor.

This would get you the same as the default:

proj.shared-attribute-names=['proj.shared-attribute-names',
'proj.directory-list', 'proj.file-list', 'proj.file-type',
'proj.main-file', 'testing.test-file-list',
'testing.auto-test-file-specs', 'testing.test-framework']

This would add in proj.pyexec:

proj.shared-attribute-names=['proj.shared-attribute-names',
'proj.directory-list', 'proj.file-list', 'proj.file-type',
'proj.main-file', 'testing.test-file-list',
'testing.auto-test-file-specs', 'testing.test-framework', 'proj.pyexec']

Cheers,