[wingide-users] Syntax errors after search and replace

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Oct 21 07:40:22 MDT 2010

  Hello guys,

Sometimes I need to do a search and replace in a file that will leave
syntax errors in place. I then need to manually edit and fix the syntax
errors.

After performing the operation Wing will show red squiggly lines where
the errors are (usually - not in this case which is weird but never
mind), however other than scrolling to the location of the error I'm not
aware of any way of finding the errors.

For large files (anything more than a screenful) this is annoying as I
have to scroll up and down trying to find the errors.

At the moment I'm running the code and using the reported syntax errors
in the console to find them. Is there a better way?

Some kind of 'global' indicator (red marks in the scroll bar for
example) would be nice.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.