[wingide-users] Re: Tree view for Search in Files

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Wed Oct 20 17:13:01 MDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Jonathan March <JDM at marchray.net> wrote:

> While I'm going on about things I miss from Multi-Edit:
>
> Search in Files results are presented as a tree view. The key thing is that
> each dir and each file (the nodes of the view) can be collapsed so that you
> don't have to look at any results that you don't want to think about.
> Actually nodes and lines can even be deleted from the view.
>
> This makes it much easier to focus in on the results of interest.
>
> Thanks.

Forgot to mention... each search is a new tree (all in the same panel, at
least as I have used it). You can collapse or delete an old search.

ME's file searches are static, not self-refreshing like Wing's.
So for performance, you might want the ability to freeze/pause a search even
after it is finished if there are multiple search results open.

BTW, another reason to be able to freeze a search after it is finished is
that you may make edits to the found lines which means that they no longer
are found, so they disappear from wing's search panel. But sometimes I want
to go back and review those changes, and it helps to be able to find them
quickly!