[wingide-users] How to I make Python 2.6 the default for Wing

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 17:55:53 MDT 2010

  On 18/10/2010 17:26, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 10/18/10 11:48 AM, Curt Fiedler wrote:
>> I'm assuming that this has been asked and answered before, but I can't
>> find the answer. I use Python 2.6 because I use packages that have not
>> been ported to Python 3 yet - SciPy, MatPlotLib, etc. At this past
>> weeks PyMntos Meeting, we started to port a package from Python 2 to
>> Python 3. I would like to leave the Python 3 interpreter on my system
>> so that I can play with it, but contine to use Python 2.6 as the default
>> interpreter. How do I set up Wing to default to Python 2.6?
>
> You should set the Python Executable in Project Properties to the
> executable for the Python version that you want to use for that project.

Whilst the feature is useful it is also a nuisance as it makes project
files non-portable across platforms (where executables live in different
locations). An alternative way to select Python version (using
heuristics or looking in standard locations for the platform) would be nice.

Alternatively I may be doing it wrong... :-)

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.