[wingide-users] Feature request - hide an open file

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 17:52:13 MDT 2010

  On 19/10/2010 23:42, Jonathan March wrote:
> Multi-Edit has a very useful feature that I used constantly:
> the ability to keep a file open, but not visible (no tab, not in the
> "next open file" rotation).
>
> This is useful when a project is large and dispersed, which makes it
> inconvenient to close a file that is temporarily out of use, because
> it may be time-consuming to find and reopen it (Recent File list
> notwithstanding - which of these am I finished with, and which have I
> only put aside temporarily?)

Shift-control-O (open by name) is very useful for this. Saves you
hunting around in your project to find files.

> This goes hand-in-glove with what I think is Wing's most requested
> feature, manually reordering tabs. Both are useful ways to keep
> related files together, and unrelated files out of the way.

I would also really like tab reordering...

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.