[wingide-users] Feature request - hide an open file

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Tue Oct 19 16:42:54 MDT 2010

Multi-Edit has a very useful feature that I used constantly:
the ability to keep a file open, but not visible (no tab, not in the "next
open file" rotation).

This is useful when a project is large and dispersed, which makes it
inconvenient to close a file that is temporarily out of use, because it may
be time-consuming to find and reopen it (Recent File list notwithstanding -
which of these am I finished with, and which have I only put aside
temporarily?)

This goes hand-in-glove with what I think is Wing's most requested feature,
manually reordering tabs. Both are useful ways to keep related files
together, and unrelated files out of the way.

In addition to being able to hide the current file with a single command,
Multi-Edit provides a dialog listing all files, in which you can hide or
unhide any file. This is also useful.

Thanks,
Jonathan