[wingide-users] WingIDE versus PyCharm, Komodo and PyDev

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Thu Oct 14 18:51:26 MDT 2010

  Am 13.10.2010 18:56, schrieb Rob Weigel:

> Greetings,
>
> Some colleagues and I are currently evaluating Python-aware IDEs.  After
> briefly inspections of available options, our short list of contenders has
> been whittled down to WingIDE, PyCharm, Komodo and PyDev.
>
> Would it be possible to get a summary of what strengths (features, licensing,
> community, etc.) WingIDE has versus those other IDEs?  We'd like to make
> certain we don't accidentally overlook some useful, key functionality while
> taking each IDE out for a limited test drive.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
I am using wing now for something like 10 years. as python is my dayly bread and
butter I look at every debugger that comes my way. for komodo I even bougth a
licence some years ago.
but I only use wing. it just fits the bill.
I could not name its strengths.
it just works.

and there is a strength that ditinguishes wing. the company that it is created by.
for 10 years there was not once a single question that was not answered in a
very short amount of time.
when ever I got in touch with them I got the impression that they care.
for both python and their customers.

robert