[wingide-users] WingIDE versus PyCharm, Komodo and PyDev

william ratcliff william.ratcliff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:19:05 MDT 2010

I don't have much experience with Komodo and PyCharm.  However, I really
like the source assistant in WingIDE.  While I like PyDev (and a number of
developers here use it), I found that rebuilding projects was rather time
consuming.   For Wing, one feature that is worth playing with is the ability
to do live debugging.   For example, if you set a break point and stop at
it, you can execute code in a prompt based on the current state of the
program.  This feature has saved me a LOT of time in debugging.  I haven't
played with the beta version yet to see how well it integrates with Django
(up to now, most of my python coding has been related to scientific
computation and desktop applications.  We've been starting to do more web
development and debugging has been more painful....)

William