[wingide-users] WingIDE versus PyCharm, Komodo and PyDev

Rob Weigel Rob.Weigel at telventdtn.com
Wed Oct 13 10:56:33 MDT 2010

Greetings,

Some colleagues and I are currently evaluating Python-aware IDEs.  After
briefly inspections of available options, our short list of contenders
has been whittled down to WingIDE, PyCharm, Komodo and PyDev.

Would it be possible to get a summary of what strengths (features,
licensing, community, etc.) WingIDE has versus those other IDEs?  We'd
like to make certain we don't accidentally overlook some useful, key
functionality while taking each IDE out for a limited test drive.

Cheers,

Rob