[wingide-users] slow down

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Nov 30 10:06:11 MST 2010

On 11/30/10 10:27 AM, John Fabiani wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently using 4.0.0-b4 on openSUSE 11.3,  32bit, icore7, 12 gigs.
>
> I have noticed a major slow down (wing becomes unresponsive) immediately after
> starting wing.

There is work that Wing does when starting up or when opening a project.
  This is something that we've worked to minimize and plan to do more.
In general, it's good to send a bug report from within Wing and include
an error-log in cases like this so we can look for anything unusual in
your log.

> I have also noticed that using Alt-3 does not collapse all my classes and
> methods as expected.  The classes appear to collapse but when I re-open/expand
> a class many of the member methods are still expanded.  If I place the cursor
> in the class and again use Alt-3 the methods will collapse.  This I can live
> with but the slow down is very annoying.

I don't see this.  How are you re-expanding the class?