[wingide-users] slow down

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Tue Nov 30 08:27:20 MST 2010

Hi,
I'm currently using 4.0.0-b4 on openSUSE 11.3,  32bit, icore7, 12 gigs.

I have noticed a major slow down (wing becomes unresponsive) immediately after
starting wing.  At first I thought this was due to the OS's boot process.  I
normally open wing immediately upon turning on the computer.  But I also
notice it when closing and restarting wing long after the computer has booted.
As a long time user of wing I have never had this happen until this version.

All my projects are under SVN and I wonder if this has anything to with my
slow down.  I ask because I believe you have expanded the support for SVN.

I have also noticed that using Alt-3 does not collapse all my classes and
methods as expected.  The classes appear to collapse but when I re-open/expand
a class many of the member methods are still expanded.  If I place the cursor
in the class and again use Alt-3 the methods will collapse.  This I can live
with but the slow down is very annoying.

Johnf