[wingide-users] suggest match-string, analogous to match-brace

Mitchell L Model dev at software-concepts.org
Fri Nov 12 11:39:08 MST 2010

Often I would like to select the contents of a string and wish brace-match worked for strings too. I suggest either adding that to brace-match or creating a separate analogous command string-match (probably picking a better name, since that sounds like a search or re-match command). I don't see any down-side to adding this to strings, perhaps with a preference setting to control it. Well, there's one slight hitch -- starting within a string it would take one extra brace-match command to navigate out to your intended brace level.