[wingide-users] expand-fully in tree views

Mitchell L Model dev at software-concepts.org
Thu Nov 11 09:15:09 MST 2010

I strongly believe that any tree view should offer an expand-fully gesture, as for example, in the OS X Finder, where option-click expands a folder recursively all the way down. I sometimes have deep directory hierarchies in my project view when I'm using something that's outside of my application's hierarchy (and sometimes my application hierarchy gets deep too). It is frustrating to have to click repeatedly to navigate all the way down to where I'm headed, and even siblings of the folders I click don't get opened (although sometimes that's better). I would like to see option-click on a folder in the Project tool do an expand-fully.