[wingide-users] Search vs. Search in Files

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Nov 10 17:34:30 MST 2010

On 11/10/2010 4:04 PM, Wingware Support wrote:
> On 11/10/10 2:13 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
>> Why can't 'Search' show the found lines in a list below it like 'Search in
>> Files'?
>>
>> Why can't 'Search in Files' have an 'In Selection' option like 'Search'?
>>
>> Could we put these 2 tabs in a blender and combine them?
>
> We've tried that in the past and found many people want the simpler Search
> interface. However, Search in Files could grow "in selection" as another option
> in the Look In menu... not a bad idea, thanks.

Thanks. I'm not sure how adding the found lines below in Search takes away from
its simpler interface. I can always tape a piece of paper over the bottom of my
screen if I just don't want the additional information ;-)

Michael