[wingide-users] Search vs. Search in Files

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Nov 10 17:32:17 MST 2010

On 11/10/2010 1:41 PM, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2010, Michael Hipp elucidated thus:
>> Why can't 'Search' show the found lines in a list below it like
>> 'Search in Files'?
>
> That might be nice. Kind of like grep -l. :)
>
>> Why can't 'Search in Files' have an 'In Selection' option like
>> 'Search'?
>
> Can you expound on this?  Would you first go through your open files and
> highlight the section(s) you want to search?

That last one would probably be redundant if the first suggestion were implemented.

The frustration I was having this morning was needing to do a search & replace
over a large selection in one file. Search has the 'In Selection' feature but
won't show me the lines. Search In Files shows me the lines but is oblivious to
selections. So I have two powerful tools in front of me but neither were of
much help.

Michael