[wingide-users] Any chance to have cython support for wingide?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 8 08:19:28 MST 2010

On 11/7/10 3:48 PM, Vineet Jain wrote:
> Cython has a huge amount of momentum in the scientific and numerical
> computing community. Recently gdb debugging support was added for
> cython code. Is there any chance to add cython debugging to wingide?
> Is this even possible?
>
> documentation of gdm debugging for cython:
>
> http://hg.cython.org/cython-docs/rev/92aaa20b9343

You can debug Python and C code at the same time so you can probably
also do this with Cython using the above and the technique in
http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/debugging-extension-modules-on-linux

Adding integrated C debugging in Wing is on our pie-in-the-sky list of
things we'ld like but it's pretty complicated so may not be worth the
effort given there is already a way to do it.