[wingide-users] Feature request: auto-escaping of regex special characters for search-in-files

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Sun Nov 7 12:18:50 MST 2010

I pretty much always have regex search enabled for search-in-files.  If I
highlight text I want to search for in my code that has special regex chars
in it, and then hit ctrl-shift-F to kick off a search-in-files for the
highlighted text, it would be nice if Wing automatically escaped the chars
for me.

For example...

Highlighting "foo.bar" would auto-escape to searching for "foo\.bar"
Highlighting "func(1)" would auto-escape to searching for "func\(1\)"
etc

Cheers,
Russ