[wingide-users] Re: Native OSX GUI

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Sat Nov 6 11:04:07 MDT 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 12:38:12PM -0400, Charles Hartman wrote:
> > I doubt that that can be true, since Terminal has it, which is about as
> native as you can get.  But I've never tried.  I suspect that it's rare
> because Mac interface-design guidelines disparage it, but that's purely a
> guess.

Yes, you're right, Terminal supports it (but even then there are
problems with focus when moving the mouse back and forth *between* X11
and Terminal windows). But it requires special extra per-application
support. I have no idea what's involved in adding such support
but given that only Apple has done it and only on two applications
(Terminal and X11), I wouldn't be surprised if it was heavy wizardry
using undocumented APIs.

-Phil