[wingide-users] Long standing editor annoyance

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Nov 2 04:54:57 MDT 2010

Hi,

consider code like

func1(func2())

and the following actions:

1. double-click in the midth of "func2": that word gets selected
2. move the mouse to the right just after the open parenthesis: "func2())" gets selected

This is obviously not the sensible selection to perform: only "func2()" shall get selected as this is nearly always what one will wish to copy and then paste somewhere else.

I think I had raised that issue a long time ago and that the answer was that it was a deficiency of scintilla that was difficult to work around. Is that still the case?

Thanks,

Luc Bourhis