[wingide-users] Old-style GTK+ file dialog needs to be updated

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Tue May 25 12:45:27 MDT 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Andrew Montalenti elucidated thus:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a longtime WingIDE Professional user and I love the product.  But
> one thing that really has been annoying me for too long is that Wing
> still makes use of the "old-style" GTK+ save/open file dialogs.  I've
> attached screenshots to show the old one (used in WingIDE) and the
> new one (present in basically every other GTK+ application since
> 2006!)
>
> I know this is a really quick fix, can you guys just do it so I don't
> have to be constrained by the unusable old GTK+ dialog when I'm
> navigating my filesystem?

Multi-file select during open would be nice too. :)

Oh, and is there any way to use the System GTK so on systems like mine
where I'm using the gtk-qt-engine, I would get Qt file open dialogs. :)

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A