[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta2 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon May 24 12:57:03 MDT 2010

John wrote:
> What about javascript, html editing - how does that work with 4.0?

Could you be more specific as to what you're looking for?  You can edit
html and js in the IDE's editor.  There is no support for debugging js,
however, in case that's what you mean.

> Forgot to ask - how might I run firefox with the site?

You just run Firefox and point it at the Django server.  If you've set
up your Wing project for Django then you'll be able to start the server
from Wing, have it respond to page loads from your browser, and debug
Python and Django template code.

> Also what about FTP?

There isn't support built into Wing for this but there are a number of
solutions for mounting an ftp server as a local file system / disk that
would probably get you what you want.