[wingide-users] Re: Last Edit Locatoin

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri May 21 07:09:52 MDT 2010

Mitchell L Model wrote:

> On May 18, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Marcin Krol <mrkafk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In Eclipse there's a quite a useful function: "last edit location",
>> where clicking on this icon gets editor through a list of locations that
>> happened to have been edited.
>>
>> I haven't found anything like this in Wing, and it would be quite
>> useful: it's quite frequent situation to change smth in one place of
>> code and then have to go back to previous location. In Wing one has to
>> either bookmark that previous place or search for it, which is workable,
>> but not ideal.
>>

> Don't visit-history-next and visit-history-previous do something like
> this? I'm not saying they give you much power or that they work the
> way you want them to, but it seems these commands should have been
> mentioned somewhere in all the subsequent discussion of this topic.

They were mentioned:

http://wingware.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2010-May/007943.html
http://wingware.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2010-May/007944.html
http://wingware.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2010-May/007959.html

The requested feature would be a way to traverse recent edits in any
file regardless of which split it was edited in.  The visit history is
currently specific to each split and includes also places no edits
occurred.  They are related and probably would add this as part of the
forward/back button GUI area.