[wingide-users] "Last Edit Location"

Rex Turnbull rex at dicad.de
Wed May 19 00:16:30 MDT 2010

I had always supposed/hoped that is what the  'auto bookmarks' (little
green arrows top left of editor window) did, but I sometimes get nipped
at just the wrong moment..

Simple example: work in line 248, need an import so go to top (on
windows Ctrl+Home), write import statement, click on 'Previous visit in
history', land somewhere I had visited sometime previously, but not line
248.
->Perhaps the 'Ctrl+Home'-Event is not being recognized for history
recording? This may be a  just on Windows bug.
Rex

Jonathan March schrieb/wrote:
> +1
>
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Marcin Krol <mrkafk at gmail.com
> <mailto:mrkafk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     In Eclipse there's a quite a useful function: "last edit
>     location", where clicking on this icon gets editor through a list
>     of locations that happened to have been edited.
>
>     I haven't found anything like this in Wing, and it would be quite
>     useful: it's quite frequent situation to change smth in one place
>     of code and then have to go back to previous location. In Wing one
>     has to either bookmark that previous place or search for it, which
>     is workable, but not ideal.
>
>     --
>
>     Regards,
>     mk
>
>     --
>     Premature optimization is the root of all fun.
>     Wing IDE users list
>     http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Rex Turnbull              rex at dicad.de        Tel.: +49 2203 9313-0
DICAD Systeme GmbH      Theodor-Heuss-Str. 92-100      D-51149 Köln
Amtsg. Köln HRB 50467                 Geschäftsführer: Mike Richter
N 50 53' 57"                                            E 7 04' 29"