[wingide-users] "Last Edit Location"

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 18 07:05:36 MDT 2010

Marcin Krol wrote:
> In Eclipse there's a quite a useful function: "last edit location",
> where clicking on this icon gets editor through a list of locations that
> happened to have been edited.
>
> I haven't found anything like this in Wing, and it would be quite
> useful: it's quite frequent situation to change smth in one place of
> code and then have to go back to previous location. In Wing one has to
> either bookmark that previous place or search for it, which is workable,
> but not ideal.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea to add.  I've wanted something like
this myself.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Note that the forward/back buttons at top left of editor may help in
some cases.  However, those don't go just to edit locations but also can
be used for going back from goto-defn and similar.  Also, right clicking
on the stick pin icon in top right of editor brings up a list of files
visited in that split but that is also not just places edited and
doesn't handle edits in two different places in a file.